Followers

Friday, June 18, 2010

a sampler


Ok! so I went out of town on business, workin for the man every night and day. I managed to visit some bookstores as I was toiling and I took lots of photographs. But for now here is a quick summery of last weekends roundup:
Me and the boy set out to New Hartford. The first sale had no books, but lots of stuff like so:
I didn't buy it because it qualifies as NAB (not a book). But I wanted to. Remmington Rand would be an awesome name for a suave international secret agent. I did fall for a 1957 Static Master in an original box for .99 cents. It is for cleaning records. And mastering static.
The next sale advertised books in the paper. Technically, I guess there were some books.
See them? Just under the Book Corner sign?

I have added several palsied arrows to identify the stack of almost a full set of childrens encyclopedia and one worthless potboiler. Thanks for visiting the Book Corner!
The third sale I didn't take pictures of as I was getting tired of lameness. Typically, this is where I found the most interesting book, Ordnance and Gunnery, 1907. A West Point text with lots of cool pictures of cannons and mines and stuff.
Also, a book about ice cream.
The fourth sale was all the way up in Rome and was a house sale. There were books there and fairly interesting but only a few made the cut. I passed on a set of Yale Shakespeares because they were not pretty enough. I know that makes me shallow, but sometimes you gotta judge a book by its covers, yo. Also, I would have had to write a check. Management made its feelings clear about that:


Then a stop at North Star orchards to purchase a large sticky bun for to reward the boy for his boundless patience. Five books, one record groomer and a treat is the sum up.

No comments:

Post a Comment