Followers

Thursday, May 27, 2010

I am fooled twice

Getting into the car this morning I was momentarily stumped to see the contents of the glove compartment all over the front seat and floor. The little flip top compartment where we keep the cd cases was open too, as was the slide that covers the change and cup holder. Then it dawned on me that my car had been ransacked again. It's not like we haven't been robbed before, but it has been awhile. Long enough for me to get complacent. Last night while I was sleeping not thirty feet away, some thug was searching my car for valuables. Well ha on you douchbag because I don't have any. After I got through the 'what happened here' phase and the relief that they didn't make a disgusting body fluids mess, I got a little angry with myself because despite past plundering, I forgot to lock the car, thus inviting scum to help themselves. This is reasonable but infuriating. Fool me once, shame you. Fool me twice, you are a giant f*cking a**hole.

Ten years ago when we bought our house we had hoped that the neighborhood would improve and overall it has maintained. I wouldn't walk around the block after dark but I feel pretty safe during the day and we have two big dogs. Go two or three block in nearly any direction though and you are in the ghetto. Two murders and three armed bank robberies since last year. All unsolved and most 3 blocks from my home. The police never catch anyone. It has been suggested by the local newspaper that since all the robberies are similar, and no one has been caught, perhaps they are the same person? Hmmm, possibly, it is admitted. There was another armed bank robbery this morning with shots fired. This one was across town. All the banks near my house must be out of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment